Dry Eyes Treatment
Schedule Your FREE consult with Dr. Kelly today!
By submitting this form you consent to us contacting you via phone/text
Kelly Vision Center Is An Accredited Dry Eye Center
Dry Eye or MGD?
Dry Eye occurs when the eyes do not produce sufficient tears or the tears evaporate too quickly. Without proper treatment, inadequate tears can make daily activities frustrating, affecting your personal and professional life, from reading to watching TV, to driving or working on the computer.
The most common form of Dry Eye is Evaporative Dry Eye, which affects 9 out of 10 (86%) Dry Eye cases. This form results from a shortage of oil in your tears caused by a blockage in your eyelid glands, leading tears to evaporate faster than normal. This lack of tear oil is often referred to as Meibomian Gland Dysfunction (MGD).Common Symptoms of MGD
- Sensitivity to light
- Blurred vision
- Discomfort in windy or dry conditions
- Difficulty performing visual tasks, such as reading, watching TV and driving
- Inability to wear contact lenses
- Constant use of eye drops
- Trouble being out in the sun
- Symptoms that worsen late in the day