At Kelly Vision Center, we want to make every step of your journey to better vision a great one! If you are considering laser vision correction, the first step will be a LASIK consultation with Dr. James Kelly.
The goal of the appointment is to educate you about your treatment options and collect information so we can determine whether you are a suitable candidate for surgery. Here are the steps involved during your free consultation.
Our Comprehensive Vision Assessment Includes the Following:
- Refraction to determine your prescription and the amount of correction needed
- Corneal Topography an image of the shape of your cornea
- Ultrasound Pachymetry to measure the overall corneal thickness
- Dry Eye Testing to determine the level of tears the patient produces. Patients with excessive dry eye may not be candidates.
- Dilated Retinal exam to check for any health issues in the retina.
- Pupilometry to measure the size of the pupil
- Additional testing may be performed depending on what Dr. Kelly encounters during the exam. We often find other conditions such as Glaucoma, Diabetes, Cataract, and Macular Degeneration.
- Review of the various procedures we offer
- Discussion of the risks & benefits of laser vision correction
- Q & A
Meet with Dr. Kelly
No matter what happens afterwards, if it turns out you’re not a candidate or you just decide it’s not for you, you’ll walk away with useful insights about your eyes.