EVO Visian ICL surgery is an innovative procedure used to correct eyesight with implantable contact lenses. During the surgery, a biocompatible lens is implanted into the eye through a tiny opening in the cornea. Because the surgery doesn’t require removing a layer of the cornea or creating a flap, it’s considered to be a minimally invasive procedure. As a result of this, the recovery process tends to be easier than other vision correction surgeries. Here, we’ll take a look at what you can expect during recovery and how to ensure that your eyes heal properly.
What Is EVO Visian ICL Recovery Like?
After your EVO Visian ICL in NYC, you may experience some eye discomfort and blurry vision, but these symptoms typically aren’t as severe as they would be with LASIK or other vision correction surgeries. Usually, you’ll have several follow-up appointments with Dr. Kelly over the next few weeks to check on your healing progress.
Most patients are able to resume their normal routines only a couple of days after their EVO Visian ICL procedure. There are several things you’ll want to avoid during your recovery to reduce the risk of complications and ensure a smooth, quick healing process:
- Digital screens and bright lights (for at least a couple of days)
- Swimming and participating in watersports (for about one week)
- Rubbing your eyes
- Wearing makeup (for at least one week)
- Heavy lifting (for one week)
How Can You Optimize the EVO Visian ICL Healing Process?
In addition to avoiding the activities listed above, there are several things you can do to optimize your healing process after EVO Visian ICL surgery.
- Wear Sunglasses - After your procedure, your pupils will remain dilated for some time. To avoid severe discomfort, bring a pair of dark shades with you to wear immediately following your surgery. You should also wear sunglasses any time you’re exposed to sunlight for the first few days after the procedure.
- Use Your Eye Shields - After your EVO Visian ICL procedure, Dr. Kelly will provide you with eye shields to wear while you sleep. These shields will prevent you from accidentally rubbing or bumping your eyes during the first week of your recovery, and it’s important to consistently wear them.
- Keep Your Follow-Up Appointments - Your follow-up appointments with Dr. Kelly will be very important after your surgery. These visits will allow the doctor to check for any complications or issues and ensure that you’re healing properly.
- Contact Dr. Kelly With Any Problems - If you experience any unusual symptoms while recovering from EVO Visian ICL surgery, you should contact Dr. Kelly immediately. These symptoms may include eye pain, pressure, and redness.
What Is the Takeaway?
Although EVO Visian ICL surgery doesn’t require significant recovery downtime, there are still things you can do to ensure a smooth healing process. When you choose Kelly Vision Center for your lens implantation procedure, Dr. Kelly will provide you with thorough recovery instructions and guide you through every step of the process.