Schedule Your FREE consult with Dr. Kelly today!
By submitting this form you consent to us contacting you via phone/text
During laser cataract surgery, the natural lens of the eye is removed, and an artificial lens called an intraocular lens, or IOL, is inserted into the eye. There are different types of intraocular lenses available today and Dr. Kelly will determine which is best for you.
During any lens-based refractive surgery, whether it be cataract surgery or refractive lens exchange, the natural lens of the eye will need to be replaced with an artificial, or IntraOcular Lens. The IntraOcular Lens, or IOL, takes over the role of the natural lens, which is to bend light rays that enter the eye so they can be focused to create a clear image. A standard IOL is one that is monofocal, meaning that it improves vision at just one distance. A standard IOL improves a patient’s distance vision. While a standard IOL does treat cataracts, and improve a patient’s distance vision, most patients will need to rely on glasses to improve near and intermediate vision.
Premium IOL Lens
Premium IOLs provide a better range of vision after cataract surgery or refractive lens exchange. At Kelly Vision Center, we offer a wide range of premium IOLs that can meet the unique needs of each of our patients. Because these lenses can treat cataracts while improving distance, intermediate, and near vision, most patients don’t need to rely on glasses after being treated with a premium IOL. There may be more night vision glare which improves over time. With premium IOLs, we can provide patients with clearer vision while greatly reducing, or completely eliminating, their need for corrective lenses. It is this advantage that makes premium IOLs the preferred method of lens-based refractive surgery for most of our patients.
Premium lenses include the follow:
AcrySof IQ PANOPTIX® IOL
- First and only trifocal lens in the United States.
- Enhanced vision for clear, complete focus.
- Over 125 million AcrySof® Lenses implanted and counting.
- Available in a toric lens to correct astigmatism.
RxSight® LIGHT ADJUSTABLE LENS™
- Using a special lens material designed by a Nobel Prize winning scientist, you can now customize your vision after your cataract surgery. You will have the unique ability to adjust and preview your vision until it meets your personal desires and lifestyle requirements.
- The Light Adjustable Lens delivers superior visual outcomes that non-adjustable IOLs cannot match.
- In a study of 600 subjects, those who received the Light Adjustable Lens followed by adjustments were twice as likely to achieve 20/20 distance vision at 6 months without glasses as those who received a standard monofocal IOL.
At Kelly Vision Center, we feel that clear vision is important, which is why we offer patient financing for your out-of-pocket expenses for any of these options. Learn more here.
If you’re a candidate for cataract surgery and have questions about which intraocular lens is right for you, schedule your free consultation with trusted expert cataract surgeon Dr. James Kelly. Dr. Kelly is a board certified ophthalmologist and has performed thousands of successful eye procedures in the New York area.