Visian ICL™ Procedure
That’s why offer the Visian ICL™, an advanced vision correction option that’s gaining popularity to permanently correct moderate or severe nearsightedness and astigmatism.
The Visian ICL™ (Implantable Collamer Lens) is an advanced soft-material lens composed of 100% biocompatible collagen copolymer. It provides UV protection and permanent vision correction, while giving patients a quality of vision that is sharper, clearer, and more vivid than that what one can achieve with glasses or contacts.
Additionally, unlike LASIK, the Visian ICL™ is removable, if necessary, and the procedure does not permanently alter the shape of your cornea.
Almost a million Visian ICLs have been implanted in patients worldwide. In fact, based upon the Visian Toric ICL clinical trial more than 98% of patients would have the procedure again with 100% were satisfied with the Visian Toric ICL.
What are the advantages of Visian ICL?
If you are between the ages of 21 and 45, and suffer from a moderate to severe degree of nearsightedness with or without astigmatism, then you may be a candidate for this great procedure and the advantages it provides. These include:
- Immediate vision improvement at all distances – reducing or eliminating the need for glasses or contacts.
- High Definition Vision – You can enjoy a new level of vision correction that’s sharper, clearer, more vivid, and has greater depth and dimension. Night driving is also improved with no induction of halos or glare.
- Designed to be Permanent, Yet is Removable – One of the important advantages of the Visian ICL is that while it can permanently correct your vision, the lens can be removed and/or replaced if necessary.
- Short Recovery Time – The recovery for the Visian ICL is quick and pain-free, and may be as little as one day. Patients typically experience minimal discomfort, and many times go back to work the next day.
- UV Protection – Long-term exposure to UV radiation can damage your eyes. As an added feature, the Visian ICL advanced lens material contains a UV blocker that actually prevents harmful UVA and UVB rays from entering the eye, possibly preventing the development of UV related eye disorders.
Is the Visian ICL FDA approved?
Yes. The Visian ICL received approval from the FDA for a wide range of myopic (nearsightedness) correction needs, with and without astigmatism.
Is the Visian ICL visible to others?
No. The Visian ICL is positioned behind the iris (the colored part of the eye), where it is invisible to both you and observers.
Learn if the Visian ICL™ is the right choice for you by scheduling a free consultation with Dr Kelly.