On the night of December 21st, 1933, the Radio City Rockettes made its debut performance. The experience featured singing, dancing, humor, and music just a year after Radio City Music Hall first opened. Since that day, the Christmas Spectacular has continued every year since, becoming a New York Christmas tradition that’s as old as the iconic Rockefeller Center Christmas Tree.
The Radio City Rockettes have become famous, renowned performers that many dancers strive to be. These dancers have to train their minds and bodies to make their routines look easy. Their yearly Christmas Spectacular requires them to maintain a rigorous training regimen that pays off with the execution of their beloved performance.
If you’re visiting the city or live there, stopping into Radio City Music Hall during the winter to catch their Christmas Spectacular is a must.
Experiences at Radio City Music Hall
While the Rockettes seasonal performance is a “cannot miss” moment, the historic Radio City has more to offer this winter. You can see a range of performances at the venue on 6th St. Here are the variety of experiences you can buy:
- Andre Rieu 70 Years Young. If you’re a fan of classical music than you’re in for a treat if you’re visiting New York in the winter. As a birthday celebration, Andre talks to Charlotte Hawkins about his music and life.
- Impractical Jokers. Comedy fans can also find something this season as Impractical Jokers brings their “Cranjis McBasketball World Comedy Tour” to Radio City Music Hall. You can catch them there on the weekend of Saturday, January 18 and Sunday, January 19.
- Stage Door Tour. You can see the history behind the Showplace of the Nation with this behind-the-scenes tour. The 75-minute guided tour allows you to discover the secret Roxy Suite apartment in the building and the art deco masterpieces throughout. You even end your tour by meeting a Rockette and getting a photo!
- thelovemaze.com Singles Match In Iconic NYC. If you’re single and looking to mingle in the Big Apple, you can experience a unique dating experience at the Radio City Music Hall. LoveMaze utilizes a scientific algorithm to partner you with your best match onsite.
If you prefer, you can go behind the scenes of the Radio City Music Hall through a tour. Visitors will enjoy the gorgeously decorated interiors and learn more about all the events and shows that have taken place here.
You’ll also be able to meet a world famous Rockette and learn more about what it takes to become a star within Radio City. Tours leave every 30 minutes. Operating hours include 9:30am – 5pm.
Explore More of Manhattan
You don’t have to just limit yourself to the Radio City Music Hall. There are many spots and attractions close to the building that you can explore while you’re visiting New York City. You can stop by the Rockefeller Center and do the Top of the Rock experience.
- Take a moment to remember the lives lost by stopping by the National 9/11 Memorial & Museum
- Enjoy the exhibits on display at the Metropolitan Museum of Art
- Take a stroll through Central Park
There are many enjoyable things to experience when you visit Manhattan, New York, but there’s something special about the seasonal experience of seeing the Rockettes in action during the Radio City Music Hall’s Christmas Spectacular.