The ORA System™ Offers Customized Cataract Surgery
Alcon ORA System™ technology is one of the most substantial advances in cataract surgery technology in recent years. ORA stands for Optiwave Refractive Analysis, and this sophisticated device provides Dr. Kelly with real-time measurements of a patient’s eye during their cataract procedure. This technology also helps to verify that nearsightedness, farsightedness, or astigmatism is appropriately corrected during cataract surgery.
Improving the Fit of Your Intraocular Lenses
Modern cataract surgery involves replacing the lens of your eye with an intraocular lens (IOL), but it is only recently that we’ve been able to use lenses that sharpen your vision and correct eye conditions that weaken it. This means that the tools we use to analyze your eye before, during, and after cataract surgery matter more than ever.
A New Approach to Treating Astigmatism
Advances in the construction of toric intraocular lenses also allow your us to treat any existing astigmatism you may have. An astigmatism occurs when the back of your eye is imperfectly round, causing something similar to double vision in a single eye.
The Optiwave Refractive Analysis System can treat astigmatism by:
- Mapping the curvature of your eye and finding the defect.
- Determining what type of intraocular lens can best fix this defect.
- Show the doctor how the lens affects your vision as it is being placed.
Benefits of the ORA System™
- The ORA System™ may help your surgeon achieve better results and provide you an improved quality of vision.
- The ORA System™ gives your surgeon an added level of confirmation for an optimal outcome.
- If you have astigmatism, the ORA System™ may improve the accuracy of your correction to help reduce the chance you’ll need to wear eyeglasses after your procedure.
Find out if the ORA System™ is right for you by getting a free consultation. Please call (877) 718-7818 or schedule here.